Who We Are
REON Inc. is an 8(a) small business construction company with Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) expertise. The company specializes in high-end, sole-source, retrofit and system upgrades, as well as design-build construction renovation projects for federal government agencies in the DC Metro area.
Reon was established in 2006 in Baltimore, MD by company founder and president, Matt Perry. His 13 years of Project Management experience comes from working for multiple small business construction firms with a strong concentration on government contracting work. Mr. Perry is currently pursuing his Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
Other key personnel include a seasoned Project Manager, Licensed Master Electrician, Master Plumber, and other Journeymen trades workers. All key personnel have extensive experience in federal projects and contract administration processes. Those in leadership roles have training certifications in OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety, EM 385-1-1 requirements, and Construction Quality Control Management.
What We Do
REON Inc. and its key employees have extensive experience in the government construction contracting arena, individually, and as part of the REON team. Our company has developed a reputation with certain core competencies. We perform work to code – not only our tasks as part of the contracted scope of work, but we also point out code violations that we encounter that may have been shortcuts taken by previous contractors or code updates that should be corrected for reasons of life safety or effectively implemented during scheduled outages or related work.
Maintenance & Repair
- High-quality installations and a commitment to excellence.
- In-house treades for mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP), construction and remodeling work.
- Design-build services for MEP, construction and renovation projects
- Mission-critical system installation and equipment replacement.
- Expertise in projects commencing in occupied spaces and requiring high coordination around personnel and operational needs.
- A management team with decades of experience in government contracting and 10 years of experience working together as a team
REON, or its management or key personnel, has performed as prime contractor or as a part of a team on many high-profile government installations. Our repeat work speaks to our company’s reputation and client satisfaction with completed and ongoing contracts. Our featured customer list includes the following installations, and their associated contracting offices:
- Pentagon – Washington Headquarters Services (WHS)
- Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) – Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC)
- National Maritime Intelligence Center (NMIC) – Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC)
- Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division (NSWC-CD) – United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) – Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC)
How We Do It
REON works in high-security environments that require precise logistics and coordination with third-party vendors and suppliers. We have also created an extensive network of resources and suppliers who are highly experienced in these environments.
Because we know that communication and logistics in high-security environments are complex and come with restrictions, the REON team has developed a precise system and communication methodology that allow the onsite work to run smoothly. And we have contingencies in place should something not go as planned.
Our project managers use a pragmatic approach when communicating with customers. Our teams on the ground and other stakeholders are involved with the bidding process and creating the project schedule and milestones — so we can set clear expectations well before we launch.
Every member on the REON team has a stake in the project, and we believe that by not using a top-down approach to bidding, we can present the customer with a much better scope of work.
REON doesn’t believe in making things complicated — so you’ll receive a construction schedule that is easy to follow and helps you make decisions at every milestone. Our team will discuss progress every week, so we can foresee any potential problems — and communicate them promptly.
With REON, you will never see unexpected or unexplainable project delays. We want our customers to know what to expect, at every single step.
Equipped with deep knowledge and experience with the inner workings of the government process, scheduling and funding, we offer the flexibility to take on challenging projects and adapt to evolving project requirements. We have a reputation for delivering responsive service with integrity and honesty — and are willing to solve problems that other contractors gloss over or try to avoid.
When you sole-source REON for your project, our team will begin the design work long before the contract is signed. We are adept at starting without a well-defined scope and helping clients better explore their needs.
We’re known for creative thinking and quick decision-making when timing is critical — and we bring a solid reputation for no change-order requests.
Simply put, our customers’ success is our success. Which is why REON goes above and beyond to not only meet expectations but also make sure every customer is completely satisfied. We have built long-lasting relationships with our clients, thanks to our ability to build trust and deliver on our promises.
“Deliver an honest product, and everything else falls into place”
-Matt Perry, President
THE REON PROMISE
- Deliver a project done right and at a reasonable price.
- Provide efficient and effective service that meets the client’s mission, budget and deadlines.
- Consistently consider the best interests of our clients and all stakeholders.